July 9th is almost here!! This information will be emailed to all participants but you can’t post it in too many places. Please look over the attached list to find your official start time for the Highmark QUAD Bike Race on Saturday, July 9th, beginning on Perry Lane alongside Edinboro University’s Football Stadium.
With hundreds of participants expected and in order for the race to go safely and smoothly, I ask for your cooperation in the following areas:
- IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE RACING – please email me at email@example.com or call 814-449-9375 to release your starting time. This will allow us some flexibility in scheduling and keep the event moving smoothly for our volunteers.
- ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR START – if you are pre-registered you will need to get your computer chip along with your race number before you are counted down for your start. Registration and check in will begin at 7am.
- IMPORTANT – after you cross the finish line, be sure to return your chip to one of our volunteers. If your chip is not returned you will be charged for its cost.
- FINISH LINE PARKING – in years past there has been a lot of traffic at Arneman Road near the finish line adjacent to the POWERAde Tent. This is not only a safety concern; the congestion is unfair to the participants leaving the finish line after the ten o’clock hour. If it is necessary for your friends or family to drive out to the finish line area they will need to park off the race course alongside Kinter Hill Road east of Arneman Road.
- THERE ARE NO RESTARTS OR STARTING LINE SUBSTITUTIONS – the start time listed is the time YOUR Highmark Bike Race begins. The race clock starts at your assigned time and it is your responsibility to be ready to ride. And of course (and this should go without saying) No One Leaves The Starting Line Without A Helmet.
- DO NOT WARM-UP OR PRACTICE ON ARNEMAN ROAD – spotters at the finish line already have a difficult job and if you are adding to the bike traffic it can interfere with the race results process.
- HIGHMARK QUAD KIDS sponsored by WEGMANS will begin near the registration tent at approximately 11:30am.
- CHILDCARE: If you are planning to utilize childcare please complete the survey through the link below. Please note that all childcare will take place at the YMCA Early Learning Center at Edinboro University. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6ZGWQLC
- CHECK-IN: A barcode will be emailed to you and will be used during check-in. You can print a copy of the email or pull it up on your smartphone during check-in. This will help make the check-in process quick and painless. If you did not provide an email address when registering you will not receive this email. Please make us aware of this at check-in.
- MAPS: a copy of the course map can be found on our website – highmarkquad.org
All serious business aside, the Highmark QUAD Bike Race is a fun 12-mile ride through Edinboro’s beautiful countryside and a chance to gauge your fitness. For some the bike race is an opportunity to move up the ranks of the overall QUAD standings and for many the motivation to pedal revolves around bragging rights amongst friends, family and coworkers. Whatever your reason, I’m glad you are taking part in this legendary event. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
QuadBike Starting List_2016_FINAL
If you do not see your name on the attached list please contact me ASAP.
The QUAD Daughter