Date: Sunday, September 6- 20, 2020
Distance: 5 miles and 5K
Location: American Legion
120 W. 4th Street
Waterford, PA 16441
Schedule of Events
Due to COVID-19 this year’s run will be offered vitrtuall! Participants have between September 6-20 to run/walk 5 or 3.1 miles. You can run/walk any 5 or 3.1 mile course or head out to Waterford to run the actual Quad run course (it will be marked). Then submit your time through Big White Trailers virtual submission form (link to form will be emailed to all registered participants).
Please note that the course will NOT be closed. Participants must obey all rules of the road. Please be safe – stop at all stop signs and be aware of traffic at all intersections.
We will not be offering overall or age group prizes due to the inability to close the course and allow a safe race to take place. However, all registered participant have the options to win prizes with our Quad run contests.
- Strava Segments – top runner and other random awards to those who post a time on our Strava segments along the course (they will be marked or find them on Strava)
- Bagdad Boogie (1/2 mile)
- Tough as Swailes (the entire length of this road)
- Sedgewick Sprint (100 yards)
- The Kick (final quarter mile)
- Photo Contest/Scavenger Hunt – while enjoying this year’s course (at a more casual pace) enjoy the scenery and have some fun!
- American Legion Sign: snap a picture of the American Legion sign and tag them on your social media accounts for a chance to win an annual membership.
- Mr. Shiver’s Custom Treat Sign: snap a picture outside of Mr. Shivers or of yourself enjoying your FREE ice cream and tag them on your social media accounts for a chance to win a gift certificate.
- Starting Line: Snap a picture before all the fun begins!
- 5K Turn Around: So close but so far away! It’s downhill from here.
- Finish Line: the most glorious site around!
- Conquering the Hill: take a photo at the top of any hill. Show us your muscles!
- Best Costume: take your fun to the next level and dress up for your run/walk. Take a selfie and share on our Facebook page!
- Family Selfie: Invite your family to join the fun or snap a family selfie (before, during or after the run)
- Best Military Tribute: snap a picture of you showing your best stars and stripes to pay tribute to our military. Take it a step further and complete your run with an American flag or in your military uniform. Tag the American Legion on your social media accounts for a chance to win an annual membership.
5-Mile & 5K Course Map
Prizes: Overall and age group prizes will not be offered at this year’s virtual bike event. However, prizes for fastest Strava segment, other random Strava prizes, awards for best selfie and other contests listed above will be given. Gift cards to local restaurants, the online Highmark Quad Store and fun Quad swag will be awarded.
Highmark QUAD Kids run: will be virtual too! Run your 1 or 1/2 mile event anytime between September 6-20, 2020. Then submit kids time through Big White Trailers virtual submission form (link will be emailed to all registered runners/walkers).
- The child or parent can choose between a ½ or 1 mile run
- Run any 1 or 1/2 course of your choice
- Parent or guardian may accompany child along the run course
Due to COVID-19 this year’s Highmark Run/Walk event is only offered as a virtual event. Please contact Kelly Latimer with any questions.
[ Results ] [ Records ]
Click on any image for a larger view. All images courtesy of Mark Bowen Studio.