The Highmark QUAD Bike is set for Saturday, July 11th. This year’s bike is sponsored by UTZ Snacks! Please look over the list below to find your official start time for the Highmark QUAD Bike Race on Saturday, July 11 beginning on Perry Lane alongside Edinboro University. All day of race registrants will be assigned a starting time when they register.
2015 Quad Bike Official Start List
With hundreds of participants expected and in order for the race to go safely and smoothly, I ask for your cooperation in the following areas:
- ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR START – if you are pre-registered you will need to get your computer chip along with your race number before you are counted down for your start.
- IMPORTANT – after you cross the finish line, be sure to return your chip to one of our volunteers. If your chip is not returned you will be charged for its cost.
- FINISH LINE PARKING – in year’s past there has been a lot of traffic at Arneman Road near the finish line adjacent to the POWERAde Tent. This is not only a safety concern; the congestion is unfair to the participants leaving the finish line after the ten o’clock hour. If it is necessary for your friends or family to drive out to the finish line area they will need to park off the race course alongside Kinter Hill Road east of Arneman Road.
- THERE ARE NO RESTARTS OR STARTING LINE SUBSTITUTIONS – the start time listed is the time YOUR Highmark Bike Race begins. The race clock starts at your assigned time and it is your responsibility to be ready to ride. And of course (and this should go without saying) No One Leaves The Starting Line Without A Helmet.
- DO NOT WARM-UP OR PRACTICE ON ARNEMAN ROAD – spotters at the finish line already have a difficult job and if you are adding to the bike traffic it can interfere with the race results process.
- HIGHMARK QUAD KIDS sponsored by WEGMANS will begin near the registration tent at approximately noon.
All serious business aside, the Highmark QUAD Bike Race is a fun 12-mile ride through Edinboro’s beautiful countryside and an annual chance to gauge your fitness. For some the bike race is an opportunity to move up the ranks of the overall QUAD standings and for many the motivation to pedal revolves around bragging rights amongst friends, family and coworkers. Whatever your reason, I’m glad you are taking part in this legendary event. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Good luck on Saturday and may the wind be at your back on the way out and on the way back!
QUAD Games Coordinator